Stanford Global Studies Internship Program
Through the Global Studies Internship Program Stanford students have an opportunity to extend classroom knowledge of the world to immersive cultural and working experiences. Internship positions cover a wide range of fields, including business, non-profit, media, education, medicine, art, technology, science and government. Past internship sites have included Sarajevo, Bosnia and Tallin, Estonia. Currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and coterms at Stanford in all majors are eligible to apply. For more information, please visit the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program website.
BOSP Overseas Seminar Series
For undergraduates with limited time to spend off campus, the seminars present an opportunity to participate in a Stanford overseas experience without having to commit to a full quarter abroad. Past seminar locations have included St. Petersburg, Russia and Dubrovnik, Croatia. To learn more about the seminar series, visit BOSP's website.
Summer Language Study
The following is list of some of the programs attended by Stanford graduate and undergraduate students in recent years.
Programs in the United States
- Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute
- Kathryn Wasserman Davis School of Russian
- Monterey Institute of International Studies Summer Intensive Language Program
- Russian & Eastern European Summer Language Institute
- Russian Language Institute at Bryn Mawr College
- Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Advanced Critical Language Institute for Russian Immersion (ACLI) - St. Petersburg
- American Councils (ACTR) Russian Flagship - Moscow and St. Petersburg
- American Councils Balkan Language Initiative (BLI)
- Bard-Smolny Summer Language Intensive - St. Petersburg
- CIEE Intensive Summer Language Program
- Critical Language Scholarship Program (locations in Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Russia, and Turkey)
- EUSP Summer School in Russian Studies - St. Petersburg
- Serbian Language and Cultural Workshop -Serbia
- The Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences- Moscow
- Harvard Summer Program in Prague, Czech Republic
For more study abroad opportunities, visit our External Opportunities page.
CREEES offers a number of undergraduate and graduate funding opportunities for research and language study abroad. For more information, visit our Grants & Fellowships page.