The Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (CREEES) offers $2000 grants for the study of an area language in an accredited intensive language program in the U.S. or abroad during the summer to continuing Stanford undergraduate and graduate students. Funding is contingent upon the student’s admission to an accredited language program and can be combined with other sources of funding.
To be considered for summer undergraduate funding, a student must:
- Be a Stanford freshman, sophomore, or junior who will continue the study of the grant language at Stanford the following academic year
Not be receiving funding from the DLCL/Slavic Dept for summer language study
Eligible languages include Russian, Ukrainian, Albanian, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Serbo-Croatian, Turkish, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, and Uzbek.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications schould be submited through Stanford Off-Campus Learning Opportunities (SOLO) platform.
For reference, applicants must complete the following:
- Online Summer Language Study Grant application.
- Statement of purpose (instructions on SOLO application).
- An unofficial Stanford undergraduate transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor or current language instructor.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2019.
Email us at CREEES.