CREEES offers $2000 in support for Stanford graduate and professional school students conducting research travel in the US or abroad.
To be considered for a CREEES Travel/Research Grant, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program or professional school at Stanford and plan to continue their studies in the following academic year.
- Be focusing their research on Russia, Central and East Europe, the Caucasus, or Central Asia.
Preference goes to advanced graduate students conducting dissertation research, and to all other projects advanced beyond an initial exploratory phase and conducted by Stanford graduate and professional school students. There is an additional preference to students who have not previously received CREEES funding.
The CREEES grant does not prohibit a student from receiving another fellowship during the grant award period, but students are prohibited from receiving fellowship funds for the same travel and research expenses. For instance, the CREEES travel and research grant will not pay for airfare if the other funding source covers the student's same expenses. A CREEES travel and research grant will not be awarded to a student who is receiving sufficient support from another funding source.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications schould be submited through Stanford Off-Campus Learning Opportunities (SOLO) platform.
- Summer Travel/Research Grant application.
- A budget of projected travel/research costs ( budget template can be found on SOLO application).
- Statement of Purpose (instructions on SOLO application).
- An unofficial transcript
- One letter of recommendation from your Stanford faculty advisor.
Please note: Recipients are required to submit research reports upon completion of the summer research.
Application dealine: February 14
Email us @ CREEES.